Sunday, January 4, 2015

Japan, the land of perpetual eating.

I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Japan and spend Christmas with my brother Hayden. Hayden is stationed in Okinawa and happened to have 96 hours off for Christmas! So I booked my ticket, praying the Marines would not drastically change it's mind, and flew 30 hours to see my sweet brother.  The traveling was longer to Japan but the cost was half as much as it is to get to the states. Thankfully.
Our Christmas feast!





In Okinawa we celebrated Christmas on the beach. We ate, drank, played games, ate, shopped, ate, went to the aquarium and ate some more. It was wonderful. A wonderful vacation with one of my favorite people in the world.
It's strange to live this life where I see my family so little. The last time I saw Hayden was in July and he was not yet engaged. The next time I see Hayden will be for his wedding. So strange how much you miss when you are on the field. Which is one of the reasons I jumped at spending Christmas with Hayden. Here are a few things we did. :)
On Christmas Morning we woke up just in time for our church's Eve Service. Beautiful way to wake up!
Our view from our balcony. Amazing. And WARM!!!

Best sushi I have ever had. 


One of the many SOBAs (soup)
We ate so much!!!

Visited a butterfly farm!

I thought I was snow white. ;)
We saw some really cool animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment