Monday, March 17, 2014

Christ Beside Me...

"Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me." St. Patrick
After visiting Ireland in high school I read St. Patrick's biography. My heart was broken for the love that the Lord gave him. If you have never studied St. Patrick, you need to. Yes he is a sinner, no he was not perfect...but he followed the Lord's calling and moved to the very place he had escaped from. And Why? What could he possibly attain from this?

I have to admit that every St. Patty's day I am more concerned over which pub to go to then the love I have for my neighbors...or most importantly, love I have for my enemies. What does it really mean to 'turn the other cheek'? For St. Patrick it meant going back to the very place that abused and enslaved him. And loving them and showing them the Hope of Christ. 
Lord give me this kind of love. Your kind of LOVE! Love that empowers people to do risky things in Your Name and Power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment